The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics' Champions of Character provides training to ensure student-athletes know, do and value the right things in all areas of life. The five core values: integrity, respect, responsibility, sportsmanship and servant leadership are put into play, accounted for and tracked at all NAIA schools.
Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference Athletics supports its member institutions' campus programs that include the Champions of Character Live 5 Student-Athlete Orientation Program and the NAIA's Character-Driven Coaching professional development course for coaches and administrators.
At the conference level, Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference Athletics offers Champions of Character programming that includes:
- Ongoing character education and professional development for Conference coaches, athletics administrative staff and student-athletes
- Hospitality and game management of Conference athletics events
- Organization of a Champions of Character Conference wide event (i.e Sport Summit or Servant Leadership Project)
- Recognition of Conference athletics directors, coaches and student-athletes who demonstrate outstanding character
- Ongoing oversight and assessment of progress in the prgram's implementation by both Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference Athletics and the NAIA.